For tourists and locals alike, summertime in Florida usually means relishing the breathtaking beaches of Tampa, Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, and West Palm Beach, perusing eccentric boutiques and enjoying world-class dining in Sarasota and Hollywood, or catching vibrant festivals and events in Orlando, Miramar, and Hallandale Beach.
Unfortunately, it can also mean a surge in auto accidents. In 2021, there were over 400,000 traffic crashes in Florida, an increase of more than 17% from 2020. And according to the U.S. Census Bureau, Florida’s population grew nearly 2% from July 2021 to July 2022, making it the state with the fastest-growing population.
With a growing population and rising auto accident rates, spending time in Florida this summer could land you in the same place as hundreds of thousands of others: reeling from the aftermath of a serious auto accident.
Here are the top 5 advantages of hiring an experienced Florida attorney to handle your auto accident personal injury claim:
1) Professional investigative skills that can make or break your case. Not sure who caused the accident? Certain who caused it but can’t prove it? Either way, if you don’t have an attorney who can prove liability, then you don’t have a case, which means you don’t have access to compensation for your medical bills, property damage, lost wages, etc.
Competent auto accident lawyers know where to look for the best evidence, how to obtain it quickly, and how to leverage it in order to win your case. Evidence that could take weeks or months for you to get (if ever) can be gathered by a skilled attorney in a matter of hours or days. Believe it or not, this could mean the difference between having thousands of dollars in out-of-pocket expenses and receiving a six-figure settlement.
2) Knowledge of your case’s true value. Often, people who try to represent themselves in an auto accident injury case get talked into believing they aren’t entitled to any compensation, underestimate the value of their case, or accept a fraction of the settlement an attorney would fight for. An experienced auto accident lawyer will evaluate the full extent of your damages and look for all liable parties, which could mean being awarded multiple times the amount of money you’d get on your own.
3) “Not-backing-down” negotiation skills. Knowing the true value of your case won’t get you far unless you have the experience, strategies, and negotiation skills necessary to convert that value into an actual payout you can feel in your wallet. This is where strong negotiation skills come into play.
Insurance representatives love nothing more than a layperson who believes they can represent themselves and walk away with a fair settlement; it’s their job to find any reason to deny claims or pay as little as possible, with no regard for “fairness.” However, if you come to the table with a reputable attorney known for their “not-backing-down” negotiation skills, you’ll be winning before a word is spoken. The value of a good attorney at this stage of an accident injury claim cannot be overstated.
4) Representation in court. If your case goes to trial, having an attorney is a near necessity. Challenging evidence, cross-examining witnesses, and delivering persuasive arguments are critical parts of a trial that should be left to attorneys with a high level of legal expertise.
5) Peace of mind. You can’t put a price tag on this one: it’ll help you to be present with your friends and family, sleep well at night, and focus on the things that bring you joy – even amid a complicated, litigious situation.
With several decades of combined experience executing intelligent strategies, anticipating defense tactics and arguments, and firmly standing our ground in the name of justice, we’ve built a formidable reputation that doesn’t go unnoticed by the opposition.
If you or someone you love has been involved in an auto accident and could use more money and less stress, don’t wait any longer to contact us.
Our primary office is in Hallandale Beach, Florida, and we have secondary Florida offices in Hollywood, Miramar, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Orlando, Sarasota, Tampa, & Jacksonville.
Call us today: 800-TellRobert.