Vital Information about Pedestrian Accidents Attorneys

Pedestrians are at a very high risk of being hit by cars or other vehicles, especially in the big cities. Pedestrian accidents can result in serious injuries and even death, if the motorist is completely irresponsible. If you take a look at some pedestrian accidents video or some pedestrian accidents caught on tape, you would understand the dangers that befall pedestrians every single day.

Most Common Causes Of Pedestrian Accidents

Most of the pedestrian accidents can actually be prevented by taking the necessary safety measures. However, when such an accident does occur, it is usually for one of these several reasons:

  • Speeding – The leading cause of pedestrian accidents in Florida, and a major hazard on pedestrian streets. When a motorist is driving above the speed limit, we have a recipe for disaster.
  • Ignoring stop signs – Throughout the state of Florida, we have all kinds of frustration among drivers that are in a rush, but also have to comply with the road rules. Usually, drivers almost completely ignore stop signs which can lead to pedestrian accidents.
  • Ignoring surroundings – If drivers are not cautious enough, they might miss important details on the road situation such as children in the vicinity. In a lot of these cases, drivers cause pedestrian accidents that lead to injuries and fatalities.

Pedestrian Accidents Statistics 2011

Each year in the United States, about 5,000 people are killed and another 64,000 are injured in pedestrian accidents. The National Highway Traffic Association and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety have come up with the following pedestrian accidents statistics:

  • 11% of the motor vehicle fatalities are accounted by pedestrians
  • More than 180,000 pedestrians have died in motor vehicle accidents between the years 1975 and 2005
  • Pedestrians are the second largest category of motor vehicle accident deaths right after occupant deaths
  • Every 8 minutes, a pedestrian is injured in a motor vehicle accident
  • Every 111 minutes, a pedestrian dies in a traffic accident
  • Pedestrian fatalities are higher in urban areas

The National Safety Council estimates that 85.7% of all non-fatal pedestrian accidents in the U.S. occur in urban areas while the remaining 14.3% occur in rural areas.

Where Do Pedestrian Accidents Typically Occur?

Statistics show that pedestrian accidents at night, pedestrian accidents on college campuses, and pedestrian accidents in parking lots, are typically the ones that occur the most.

Roads without crosswalks are also a possible place where pedestrian accidents might occur a lot. In 2002, more than 40% of the pedestrian accidents fatalities were on roads without crosswalks. Non-intersections are dangerous for pedestrians as well. In 2003, around 65% of pedestrian accidents occurred at non-intersections.

Pedestrian Accidents Lawyer

The pedestrian accident attorneys at The Law Office of Robert J. Fenstersheib and Associates understand that after you or a loved one has been a victim of a pedestrian accident, your pain will not be only physical. Our experienced pedestrian accidents lawyers will fight to get you compensation for your medical bills and lost wages as well as make sure your insurance company will pay you for future treatment related to your pedestrian accidents injuries.

We have successfully handled a lot of cases involving pedestrian accidents and have recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements. If you or a loved one has been injured or has died in a Florida pedestrian accident, do not hesitate to get in touch with The Law Office of Robert J. Fenstersheib and Associates.

Fenstersheib Law Group, P.A.

The Lawyers at Fenstersheib Law Group, P.A. provide
personalized legal representation for personal injury cases.

Accessibility Accessibility
× Accessibility Menu CTRL+U